- A Parent’s Guide to Preventing Homosexuality by Joseph Nicolosi, Ph.D. & Linda Ames Nicolosi. The Nicolosis provide clear insight into potential developmental roadblocks and give practical advice to parents for helping children securely identify with their gender. InterVarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 2002. ISBN/Ref.:0830823794.
- Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth by Jeffery Satinover, MD. Dr. Satinover examines the latest research, refuting the alleged genetic basis for homosexuality and assessing the social power homosexuals have gained. Dr. Satinover is a former Fellow in Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry at Yale University. He holds degrees from MIT, the University of Texas, and Harvard University. ISBN-10: 080105625X.
- You’re Teaching My Child What? by Dr. Miriam Grossman.A physician exposes the lies of sex education. Regnery Publishing. Washington, DC, 2009. ISBN-10: 1596985542.
- My Genes Made Me Do It! by Dr. Neil Whitehead. This online book presents a scientific and detailed look at the nature/nurture debate.
- Light in the Closet: Torah, Homosexuality, and the Power to Change by Arthur Goldberg. This ground-breaking book explodes the “gay gene” mystique, offering hope, compassion, direction and vitally needed information to gay strugglers, their families, friends, and surrounding community. Red Heifer Press. Beverly Hills, CA, 2008. This book is available at the publisher’s web site. ISBN: 978-09631478-9-9.
Links to Advocate Organizations with More Information
- PFOX Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays
EX-Gays are a protected class In a landmark case in 2008, ex-gays are determined to be a protected class. Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays, Inc v Government of the District Office of Human Rights, Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
- Change is Possible Positive Alternatives to Homosexuality (P.A.T.H.) includes testimonies from former homosexuals who have adopted a heterosexual lifestyle.
- NARTH National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality
- Ex-Gay Educators’ Caucus of the National Education Association
- Jonah Institute of Gender Affirmation found on the Jonah website. This institute maintains a world-wide network of counselors who can assist those with any form of sexual confusion and service individuals of many faiths or no faith. It also maintains a network of lecturers available to speak in schools, communities, etc. The website includes several compassionate stories bravely shared by those who have struggled with same-sex attraction. Phone the Jonah Institute at 201-433-3444.
- People Can Change